Are you having difficulty transitioning your baby to thicker formulas? Your infant may have trouble passing the thicker liquid through their normal-sized nipple, making regular bottles seem demanding and frustrating. Dr. Brown’s Options Baby Bottle can provide the solution; its superior anti-colic vent system has earned this bottle a place of honor in our household. Plus, its Y-cut design simplifies using thicker liquids without any hassle or mess.
Our Top 3 Choices
|Product||Dr. Brown’s Options for Thickened Formula||Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature||Gaodear Baby Food Feeder Squeeze Cereal Feeding Bottle|
|Materials||Materials that are non-toxic and free of BPA||Phthalates-free, BPA-free||Food-grade silicone, BPA-free, and high-quality materials|
|Anti-colic System||Use with or without an internal vent system||No||A regular feeding bottle is not recommended|
|Suitable For All Ages||3 Months +||Three months+||Three months+|
|Dishwasher-safe||Yes, the top rack.||Both bottles and nipples can be washed in the dishwasher||It is easy to clean|
|Types of nipples||Soft silicone, medium-fast flow||For optimal flow, use a Y-cut nipple||Silicone spoon for thicker recipes, rice, and puree|
List of the 5 Best Bottles for Thickened Formula & Nupples 2023
1. Dr. Brown’s Options baby bottle for thickened formula
- Anti-colic system to reduce colic and spit-up
- Increases the nutrition in milk
- Consistent feeding pace aids digestion
- Use with or without a ventilation system
- Wide neck bottles and Y-cut Naples
Dr. Brown’s Options + Anticolic Bottles can be easily used; blue and green bottles are all you need. You may purchase napkins to assist with thicker formulas as needed. Your baby will continue to benefit from Dr. Brown’s anti-colic venting system, which helps with colic, spit-up, and gas as the baby adjusts to their new formula.
- Anti-colic Vent System
- Preserves nutrients
- Available in different flow rates for soft silicone nipples
- If the vent system is not correctly assembled, it can leak.
- It can be tedious to clean up and take apart.
2. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Added Cereal Baby Bottle
- The bottle is available in an 11-ounce package
- For the optimal flow of thicker liquids, use a Y-cut nipple
- Natural feel with smooth silicone nipple
- Easy-latch nipple
Tommee Tickee Closer To Nature Added Cereal Bottle is an easy-to-clean baby bottle featuring a Y-cut nipple design, similar to Dr. Brown bottles. It makes cleaning and disassembling easier than ever before!
- It is easy to clean
- Natural feel to Nipples
- It is easier to use thicker formulas with the Y-cut Nipple
- Nipple is flexible
- For smaller babies, a Y-cut may be too large
- Although babies might have difficulty adapting, flow can be quick.
3. MAM Easy Start Anti Colic Bottle 11 Oz (3-Count), Baby essentials, Fast Flow Bottles with Silicone Nipples
- The liquid is released at the right rate to prevent gasping and burping.
- Adjustment and latching are made easier by the longer nipple.
- It is easy to clean and assemble.
The extended nipple shape makes it easy for babies to latch on. Studies have even found that extended nipples reduce colic symptoms in babies by 80%, making this an option to consider if you want to transition your infant from breast milk to thicker formula.
- Microwave sterilizes
- Reduce colic symptoms
- Silicone nipples for fast flow
4. Playtex Baby VentAire Container
- Semi-upright feeding is possible with the ergonomic, angled design
- It is easy to clean and reassemble
- Anti-colic design decreases air ingestion
- Naturalatch silicone nipple is wide-shaped to promote proper latching
- For thicker formulas, Nipple flow is the best option
The Playtex Baby VentAire Bottle’s angle design makes it easier for you to feed your child and helps prevent ear infections. It reduces colic symptoms and reflux. It is ideal for introducing your baby to thicker formulas using the nipple flow.
- It is easy to clean
- Assembly is quicker when there are fewer parts
- For easier latching, use a silicone nipple
- Useful for thicker formulas
- Bottles that leak easily
5. Gaodear Baby Food Feeder Squeeze Cereal Feeding Container
- High-quality, food-grade materials used in the design
- BPA-free & non-toxic
- Spoon feeder massages for baby’s gum
- For thick formulas, rice, cereal, as well as fruits puree.
- Protects against leakage with a sealing cover
- Dishwasher and sterilizer safe
Gaodear Baby Food Feeder Squeeze Cereal Feeding Bottle allows your little one to enjoy thicker formulas, rice, puree, or cereal without worrying about getting hurt by a regular spoon. Made of silicone for massage to your little ones’ gums and safety in transit, the bottle makes travel a breeze!
- It is easy to clean
- A silicone spoon is ideal for thick formulas
- It’s great for traveling
- The spoon can be too soft
- The feeder can leak if the top isn’t secured correctly
What to do if the formula is too thick for your taste?
If the formula fails to pass through your nipples, purchasing a new set is the best course of action. It might be beneficial to buy multiple sets if your bottle can accommodate different-sized nipples.
The Ideal Size for Thickened Formulas
At three months, most babies begin to drink thicker formula. A level 2 nipple is ideal for this stage; after that, fast-flow nipples (also known as medium flow) can be introduced for children aged 3-6 months.
The Best Nipples for Thickened Formula
Dr. Brown’s and Philips Avent’s formula nipples are two of the thickest-thickened formula nipples available. Refill an existing bottle or stock up on new nipples for longer-lasting comfort.
1. Dr. Brown’s Options Baby Bottle for Thickened Formula
These nipples are designed to thicken the milk, formula, or cereal for consistent flow. Compatible with Dr. Brown’s Options Bottles and Natural Flow Bottles, these nipples will ensure consistent flow every time.
2. Philips Natural Baby Bottle Variable Flow Lid
This Avent nipple, suitable for thicker formulas, is constructed from breast-shaped silicone. Its air flex technology helps eliminate feeding issues such as colic, burping, or gas when your baby exhales air from their stomach during rapid feeding.
There are several factors to consider when looking for bottles with thickened formulas.
Always choose BPA-Free
It is essential to know the materials your baby’s bottles and nipples contain. Make sure the next set of bottles you purchase for them are non-toxic.
It’s easy to clean
Once again, select bottles and nipples that are easy to clean – just like your initial set of bottles. Bottles with multiple components can be tricky to clean, wasting valuable time. Opt for bottles that are dishwasher-safe for optimal convenience.
Nipples don’t need to be bought every week. Always opt for a brand/type that is durable, as spending more on non-leaking and long-lasting nipples could be worth the extra cost in the long run.
The nipples are the essential part of a bottle, since they go directly into your baby’s mouth. Make sure the nipples you select are the appropriate size and shape to accommodate thicker formula or milk flow, using food-grade silicone whenever possible.
You might also enjoy watching this brief video about thickening baby formula.
These top choices make finding the ideal baby bottle for thickened formula or milk simpler. Dr. Brown’s Options Baby Bottle for Thickened Formula Any of these bottles can accommodate thicker formulas or milk, so there’s no need to worry. When selecting which bottle works best for your child, remember the size of their nipple: ensure the formula flows freely, so they get just enough food at each feeding.
Leave a Reply